About the Fire Marshal
The Fire Marshal is responsible for the enforcement of laws and ordinances covering the following:
- The prevention of fires.
- The storage, sale and use of combustible, flammable or explosive materials.
- The installation and maintenance of automatic and other fire alarm systems, and fire extinguishing equipment.
- The maintenance and regulation of fire escape.
- The means and adequacy of exit in case of fire from factories, schools, hotels, lodging houses, asylums, hospitals, churches, halls, theaters.
- The investigation of the cause, origin, and circumstance of fires.
- The maintenance of fire cause and loss records.