Year-Round Recreational Programs for Adults and Youths
The Swain County Recreation Department provides year-round programs for Adults and Youths and includes outdoor areas as well as an indoor recreation facility. Resources include basketball, soccer, football, tennis, free weights, playground, swimming, skateboarding and baseball. The indoor facility also has a meeting room for community use. We also work with Little League and Senior Games programs, and sponsor events such as the Santa Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt.
Swain County Recreation Office
- 8:00am – 12:00pm closed an hour for lunch, open 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm Monday – Friday
Swain County Recreation Indoor Facility
- 4:00pm – 8:00pm – Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday
- 12:00pm – 7:00pm – Saturday
THE POOL IS NOW CLOSED
Baseball and Softball
- Little League is sponsored by Jackson County and Swain County Youth Association.
- Information and registration can be found at Sports Connect.
- Fee Schedule – call for prices
- For more information contact Curtis Lambert at 828-226-0061.
Youth Basketball Sign-ups
- Age: Must be 5 years old on or before August 31 and can not turn 14 on or before August 31.
- WHEN: November 1 – 30
- TIME: Monday through Friday 8:00am – 12:00pm, 1:00pm – 4:30pm
- WHERE: Swain County Recreation Department 828-488-6159
- AGES: 5 – 13 years old
- Swain County Soccer is sponsored by Camp Living Water. Call Josh Sasscer at 828-488-6012 or Scott Cline at 828-736-0455, or visit the Camp Living Water for details.
- Call for schedule
- Where: At the Camp Living Water Office
- Call for prices, scholarships are available.
- Day Camp – Sign-up begins January 1 and runs until June 1 or until all slots are filled. Be sure to sign up early! Hours: Monday-Friday 7:30am – 5:30pm
- The child must have completed kindergarten and can not turn 12 years old before January 1 of the camp year.
- August – Day Camp Ends
Events Throughout the Year
- Breakfast with Santa – held in December. Contact the Recreation Department for more details. 828-488-6159.
- Spring and Fall Hikes – contact the rec park office for dates, times, and locations of hikes
- Easter Egg Hunt – held in March at the Swain County Rec Park
Adult Recreation Programs
- Adult Pickleball Mon., Wed., Fri. 9:00am – 11:00am
- Adult Co-Ed Softball April 27 – June 30
- Daytime Tennis Courts
- Senior Hike Fall and Spring
For all info contact 828-488-6159
Reservations for Private Events
Please contact the Recreation Department for private events.
30 Rec Park Dr.
Mailing Address: PO Box 548
Bryson City, NC 28713
Jim Brown – Supervisor
8:00 am – 12:00 pm closed for lunch till 1:00pm then open till 5:00pm Monday – Friday